The Data Connect
High Speed Serial Fiber Modem & Super High Speed Serial Fiber Modem
The Data Connect High Speed Serial Fiber Modem is a fiber modem for V.35, RS232, and RS530, X.21 or RS449 High-Speed (2.048Mbps) synchronous or low speed synchronous and asynchronous data transmission over optical fiber media. The Data connect Super High Speed Serial Fiber modem is a high speed fiber modem for V.35, RS530, X.21 or RS449 super-high speed (8.192Mbps) synchronous data transmission over optical fiber media. When the DCE HS-SFM-RM or the DCE SHS-SFM-RM is placed in the DCE RM16-F3U rack with SNMP management, the card status, type, version, fiber link status, data link status and alarm can all be displayed. Configuration is also available to enable or disable the port, reset the port, set the data rate, modify the clock mode, and initiate local or far end loop back tests.
- 1 Port data communication on HDB26 female (adapter capable required)
- Network management via terminal or SNMP in DCE RM16-F3U chassis
- Optical Bit Error Rate less than 10 to the -11 power
- User selectable n x 64Kbps for the DCE HS-SFM & n x 256Kbps for DCE SHS-SFM data rate
- User selectable data rate, clock mode setting, and loop back tests